Version 18.104.22.168 was released on May 31st, 2009.
Changes in This Release
- Fixed the BuildHelp task so that it can find the executing project when ran via an MSBuild build task inside another project file.
- Fixed up XML encoding issues on property values in the MSBuild project template files.
- Fixed project documenation sources so that the assembly name can be determined regardless of the case of the OutputType property value.
- Fixed handling of the Platform configuration option so that if "Any CPU" (with a space) is passed to the build and it does not exist in the project documentation sources, it will be converted to "AnyCPU" (no space). This works around the issue in Team Build caused by it always passing in the value with a space.
- Fixed a bug that caused the GenerateInheritedDocs tool to crash when the inheritdoc tag was nested within other XML comment tags.
- Fixed a bug in the API Filter that caused a crash if you tried to go to, include, or exclude an inherited namespace from the search results.
- Fixed a bug in the table of contents handling caused by using the Split TOC option on a container node without a topic association.
- Fixed a couple of bugs in the UserDefinedProperties editor that caused it to lock up if a property was added after modifying a standard project property or if no value was set on a newly added property.
- Fixed a bug that caused topics in sub-folders in content layout files selected as the default topic to not be set as the default topic when the project was built.
- Fixed the content file editor collection so that it is serializable and can be saved with the user settings.
On Visual Studio solution documentation sources, each project loaded from the solution will have the following Visual Studio macros defined in it so that project properties that use them will be resolved correctly:
- SolutionPath - Full solution path and filename.
- SolutionDir - Path to solution with trailing backslash.
- SolutionFileName - Solution filename plus extension.
- SolutionName - Solution filename without extension.
- SolutionExt - The solution file extension (.sln).
- Added a DumpLogOnFailure property to the BuildHelp task that allows you to dump the log file to the MSBuild log when the build fails.
- The API filter is now applied during partial builds. This fixes a problem in the Version Builder Plug-in where members where not being excluded from prior versions. If you need to suppress the API filter in a plug-in that performs a partial build, use the new SuppressApiFilter build engine property.
- Added the XamlAttachedMembersAddIn add-in to the MRefBuilder configuration file template to add attached property and attached event information to the reflection information for WPF classes.
- Added a user preference to show or hide line numbers in the text editor.
- When editing a file, preference is now given to user-defined content file editors. If one is found, it will be launched. If not, the default built in editor will be used if there is one.
- The behavior of the "various elements" dropdown on the text editor window toolbar has been changed. It now inserts the last element selected from the dropdown. By default, it inserts an alert element. Once another element is selected, that element becomes the default element inserted by clicking the toolbar button.